City of The Damned

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

become a vampire,human or werewolf and try to survive to see the next day.

The FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions]

Zaira~Lukas
    Zaira~Lukas
    Admin
    Admin

The FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions] Empty The FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions]

Post  Zaira~Lukas Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am

The FAQ

An :: FAQ :: stands for "Frequently Asked Questions". So so so so so often we are asked these questions, so now we'd just like to answer them in bulk. Have a question? Check this place first. Want something added to the FAQ? Post your question and we'll answer it to the best of our abilities. If something is wrong, we'll fix it.

Forum

IMPORTANT!! Revealing information about yourself over the Internet is a serious risk. To protect yourself, never reveal your residence to any members you don't know personally (in real life, face to face). If you do wish to talk with someone regarding your personal life, do so discreetly (preferably by Private Messaging). And if you suspect someone of being a shady figure (ie, molester) contact staff immediately

How much does it cost to join this forum?
    Nothing. Joining this forum is absolutely free.

URLS, and Fancy Font

How do I post links?
    Site links, aka URLs, can be posted by copy/pasting the URL of the site in your post (make sure there's some space around the URL), placing the URL between
    Code: [url=URL HERE]Title Here[/url]
    tags

How do I post images?
    Follow the instructions above but after submitting your picture to Photobucket, click your profile (look up, see that bar with the stuff like "Home" and "Search"? "Profile" is up there) and then click "Modify Profile". Write your password down twice in the spaces provided, otherwise you can't modify your profile. Now scroll down. You'll see an option to insert custom avatar image. Just paste the URL you got from Photobucket in there.

How do I create an avatar?
    Follow the instructions above but after submitting your picture to Photobucket, click your profile (look up, see that bar with the stuff like "Home" and "Search"? "Profile" is up there) and then click "Modify Profile". Write your password down twice in the spaces provided, otherwise you can't modify your profile. Now scroll down. You'll see an option to insert custom avatar image. Just paste the URL you got from Photobucket in there

What about my signature?
    Follow the steps above from the "avatar" and "insert image" questions, except scroll beyond Avatar in your Modify Profile page and skip to Signature. Insert the URL between the
    Code:[img][/img]
    tags and your picture should now appear in your signature.

How big can my signature picture be?
    We realize you'd like to show of all the fanart you've received or the picture of your character you drew, but please do not insert the entire picture. That eats up bandwidth for some of our slower Internet users and makes it tedious when scrolling to view posts. A limit of 600 pixels wide, 300 pixels tall is fine for anything. If you don't want to shrink your picture to fit that range, then take a portion of your picture that fits the range and use that (basically, crop it).

Moderators

Who runs this joint?
    Zaira
    Administrators:Zaira and Obelix
    Global Moderators:None
    Coding:None

Who runs the Vampire kingdom?
    The king and queen run the kingdom,while Lukas is in control of the vampire army.

Who runs the Werewolf kingdom?
    The king and queen run the kingdom,but there is no one controlling the werewolf army at this moment.

Roleplay

How many characters do I get per account?
    Well, on the invision boards, usually a member is only allowed one account per email. Unless you want to go through the trouble of creating a new e-mail for every character you can register, we recommend that you just keep all roleplay on one simple account.

Do I have to be invited or can I just join the forum?

There's no need for invitations to join the BBA forum.

When can I start RP'ing?
    As soon as you post a character profile. You do not have to wait for your profile to be accepted before you begin roleplaying.

What sort of RP'ing style is used here?
    We generally write multi-paragraph posts when RP'ing, full of detail and description. Smilies in RP are not allowed, you write your character's expressions, don't use emoticons for that.

I'm not a very good RP'er, but can I still RP?
    Yes, there are plenty of people here at the same level as yourself. Just jump in and begin, the first step to learning how to better RP is starting.

Wahh! The people here are being mean to me!!
    There are two answers to this one. Either your RP'ing style or your character has been criticized, or you've been flamed. First, if you've been criticized, don't take it too harshly. Most senior RP'ers here want to help you become a better RP'er and will thus leave comments and suggestions to better your RP'ing style or character. If they say "please don't use smilies" or "can you shrink your poochie down a bit?" don't cry, they're only trying to help. Listen to their suggestions or ask questions and they'll be happy to help.
    And what if you've been flamed? Flaming is defined as an attack on an RP'er's personal life or character, generally unjustified and incredibly abusive. If your feelings have been hurt and you've told the flamer to stop and they haven't, that is flaming. Flaming is not tolerated at any time on this board, and counter-flaming is unwanted too. If you've been flamed or someone is sending nasty Private Messages (PM) to you, private message an Administrator or Global Moderator. The person will be warned and, if they continue, banned.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:36 am